Attendance is Very Important
We are so glad that you are a part of the Mustang family. It is our goal to provide your child with the essential knowledge and skills needed to become an active, successful citizen, At Aldine Senior High School, we believe in educating the while child, and it is our goal as a district to produce the nation’s best.
It is imperative that students attend school every day. However, we do understand that circumstances may arise which cause your child to miss a day of instruction. Absences will be considered unexcused until acceptable documentation is brought to the attendance office. Excuses should be turned in the morning your child returns to school. Acceptable documentation includes:
- A note from the parent or guardian indicating the dates that the student was ill
- A note from a doctor indicating the dates that the student was ill
- Funeral documentation, including the date of the funeral
- Court documentation indicating that the student was called to appear
With proper documentation, excused absences are granted for the following reasons:
- Personal illness
- Serious illness or death in the student’s immediate family
- Emergency medical or dental attention
- Absences approved by the principal in advance
- Weather or road conditions making travel dangerous
- Observance of religious holy days that require the student’s participation
- Temporary absence resulting from health care appointments, if that student attends classes or returns to school on the same day of the appointment.
According to the 2014-2015 Aldine ISD Student/Parent Handbook, a tardy is defined as lateness to class up to twenty minutes. After twenty minutes the student is considered absent from that class.
Click here to access the Aldine Parent/Student Handbook.