Commission students to be informed and productive contributors in a global community
The Aldine Senior High School Social Studies Department exists to produce students who will become:
- critical thinkers.
- actively engaged citizens.
- problem solvers.
The educational beliefs for the Aldine Senior High School Social Studies Department are to create a set of criterion that addresses content, teaching, and assessment. We believe the following:
- In order for students to be productive citizens, they have to understand significant historical events.
- Students must understand their role in a global society
- Social Studies is responsible for the cultural transmission of American ideals.
- Aligning instruction with the TEKS of each course in Social Studies will ensure the core beliefs of the department will be met.