Produce self-directed learners who can investigate and explain the natural world
The Aldine Senior High School Science Department exists to produce life-long learners who are able
- To solve problems using critical thinking and inquiry
- To apply scientific principles to everyday life
- To evaluate the validity of information
Instruction and learning in the Aldine Senior High School Science Department are based on the following:
- All students can learn and embrace science.
- Science is a way of thinking and problem-solving.
- Science can be used to improve the quality of everyday life.
- Inquiry-based instruction is an essential component of science classes.
- Science continually incorporates new discoveries.
- All students will communicate accurately using scientific terminology.
- All students will use mathematics as a tool to model relationships.